Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

BRAVE

BRAVE
oppose
stand up to

head held high against
fears taunting all around
lays waste to those who torment

"breaking free of life's challenges."



On my hibernation hiatus:  So I have decided to take a hiatus from my current poetic hibernation.  It's been a quiet several months (five if we ignore the one day in January where my words flickered awake).  But seeing as how it is National Poetry Month, I decided to challenge myself and complete a poem a day.  This is not the first time I decided to brave this endeavor; I managed to complete it once before in 2011.  So, we'll see how well this goes. 

A note on form:  This is a clarity pyramid.  I have written these on multiple occasions....there is something about them that I just find interesting (and a bit challenging).  I even created a new space to explore/expose them a little more; I call it, Defining Moments.

On inspiration for this piece:  To help with the creative juices (especially seeing has how they are a bit atrophied from lack of use), I pulled from Poetic Asides's 2015 April PAD Challenge Day 1.  The prompt for today was to write a resistance poem.  Not sure how well this fits the bill, but...

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ah, to break free of life's challenges is definitely one of the bravest feats..... (I would add that sometime to 'break free' one must rise above. Smiles. Welcome back to the blogosphere. You had been missed.

brudberg said...

What a great poem to celebrate your re-entry to the blogosphere.