Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

How does one respond to a 7 year-old niece’s odd texts?

The new update is taking a
shower in the morning
(new update?)

I’m glad to hear the new update
is taking a shower in the
morning.

The only thing is that you are so
beautiful
(awe, such a cutie!)

you too are beautiful.

I love you so much more than a
person
(hun?)

I am a person, but still I’m glad
to hear you love me so much
better.

[insert two lines of
 smiley emoji]

[insert line of alternating pig face/pig snout emoji]
(because she loves pigs)

[insert line of alternating monkey face/banana emoji]
(because she knows I like to say monkey a lot?)

oh, and I love you so much better
than a person, too.



On inspiration for this piece: Part of this comes from Poetic Asides's 2015 April PAD Challenge: Day 10. The theme for this prompt was..."For today’s prompt, take the phrase 'How (blank),' replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem."  

As to what else contributed to this piece...well...it incorporates a correspondence between my niece and I.  This conversation was relatively normal, compared to some of the others I have had with her.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Ha! She sounds like a real live-wire. It's a gift to have such a person in your life.

Victoria said...

This is so cute. I love how you took over the mind of this little one with humor.

Jennifer Wagner said...

Adorable. I have a seven-year-old and they are so much fun. I can tell you are enjoying this little one.