Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Empty Shell & Wickedness

Empty Shell

hope holds strong
overwhelms
smothers
chokes
every moment
every second

hope presses down
exposes holes
born of hope



On inspiration for this piece: This idea was pulled from Poetic Asides's 2015 April PAD Challenge: Day 18. "For today’s prompt, pick 2 vowels and write a poem using words that only contain one or both of those vowels."  In case you were wondering, my vowels of choice were o and e.

For a moment, I thought to use i and e...but I felt the piece needed more than I could muster.  (or maybe it's the order of the three couplets...hmm....)

Wickedness

desire flickers
in her sin-filled eyes
she licks
wine tinted lips
need prickles
deep within her being

1 comment:

brudberg said...

The sound of a poem only using one or two wovels is extraordinary. I love how you created meaning in yours. I wrote a poem once with only e's.. ;-)