Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

More Often Than Not

Very few
are privy
to the inner workings
of my mind;

Even I
have been locked
outside
upon occasion.

Foolish really,
when all one really need do
is read
what I
have writ.



On inspiration for this piece: This idea was pulled from Poetic Asides's 2015 April PAD Challenge: Day 9. The theme for this prompt was work.  I got to work a little late on this one, so my initial thoughts did not have time to coagulate.  

About word choice:  Not really sure what made me choose the word "writ" as opposed to "written."  Maybe it has something to do with the flow of double syllable lines there at the end.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Well done! There's a lot of truth here. Very often, when I'm reading your work, I'm amazed at how vulnerable you are willing to become, sharing powerful emotions and feelings through your words. I often use my written words to deflect from my true thoughts.