Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

"You made me compliment myself when it was way too hard to take."

If I could take away the pain,
my sweet, you would never know pain.

When the quiet stirs fear-filled thoughts,
let my voice silence all your pain.

Purge the toxins.  Relax the mind.
Let go the tears. Embrace the pain.

Salty oceans depend on you;
they ebb and flow on joy and pain.

The sweetest touch would be nothing
if you were never to know pain.



On unearthing titles:  I'm not sure why, but in the process of writing this piece a song came to mind, Hate Me by Blue October.  I borrowed a line form the song to utilize as the title.  

A note on form:  The above piece is a ghazal.  Truth be told, I am not particularly fond of this form, though I have explored it on one or more occasions.  I don't know exactly what possessed me to utilize this form...there was just something about the first line that popped into my head that made me think...ghazal.

2 comments:

Grace said...

A lovely ghazal as I know this is a challenging form ~ I specially like the last couplet, we wouldn't be able to appreciate sweetest touch if we have not experienced pain ~

Brian Miller said...

nice job on the form...and i think when we realize the ebb and flow of pain and joy it makes it endurable...neither ever last...but there is a rhythm...