Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bubble Letter Conjecture -- Negative Space Contradiction


"There's no 'I' in team."
 
"Yes, there is!"  she flits in her  
humming bird air.  
 
an "A" in bubble style is produced  
on the whiteboard.  
 
"See here...and that's the dot."
 
low & behold a lowercase i.
 
"Wow, using negative space,
I'm impressed!"
 
not that she knows what
negative space is, but...
 
Doesn't an i found in negative
space only reinforce my
original statement?
 
Plus, a lowercase i never
stands alone
               supported always
by other letters - friends - peers.

Except for when it doesn't,
but then it's a complex mathematical
enigma expanding the world of #s
where real meets imaginary.

That's right it's imaginary.
 
Seriously, i = square root of
negative (go figure - negative)
one.
 
So there you have it an
imaginary i living in negative  
space and I
                   repeat...
 
There is no "I" in team!
 

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha, yes their is an i...but when it happens it is often a negative thing for sure...actually we can never fully lose our i but be willing to give it to the rest...

Mary said...

Wow, you had my mind coming and going here. Love your reasoning...and so true that there is no "I" in team!!

Jeff said...

Absolutely! And very cleverly done to boot. I meant to visit here the other day when your feed came through, but forgot. Then tonight I was trying (and failing) to help my 17 yr. old daughter with her math homework (geometric sequence/series) and it reminded me to come see you! Very nice.

Buddah Moskowitz said...

I

almost missed this.

the imaginary number "i" is where I got off the Algebra train.

This was excellent.