Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Tale of Love and Woe: Act IX - The Revealing & Act X - The End



Act IX - The Revealing

It happened quite some time ago
when dragons roamed the land
and princesses fought not for love
nor with a sword in hand

What should have been a quiet loss,
a victory of sorts,
for both our princess and young knight
instead brings shameful snorts.

Our princess reaches for her love,
but meets his hurt-filled eyes.
With sinking heart she feels his pain
at her deceit and lies.

She casts her eyes upon the king
to find his angry gaze;
On strength of will she rises up
and brushes off her daze.

Then turns her face as hard as stone
to meet her father's glare;
With shoulders back and head held high
her mission she does bare.

She speaks of love as poets do
and hearts that know no bounds.
Her words appear to weave a spell
along the battle grounds.

She fears the truth but says it still.
When all is said and done,
the crowd's loud cheers affirm her plea
and prove her heart she won.

Her father stands to silence all;
his stare still firm and gruff.
"You asked me once to let you choose;
my law, you did rebuff.

"But what you did not understand
is you were mine to shield.
Now here you stand before my eyes
with sword you sharply wield.

"My little girl has more than grown
beyond my wildest dreams.
She needs no one to keep her safe
except herself it seems.

"So darling dear I do concede
your wish I shall permit.
Your heart is yours and yours alone
to give as you see fit."

As joy does swell beneath her breast
she searches out her knight
to find his sword upon the ground
and him nowhere in sight.

And still goes on our tale of love
in shadows filled with woe
our princess finds herself alone
as doubt begins to grow.



Act X - The End

I thought to tell a tale of love
but truth should not dismiss
this tale I spoke did hold much woe
for hearts that found true bliss

It happened quite some time ago
when dragons roamed the land
where knight and princess had their place
perchance with hand in hand

Our princess lost and broken finds
her knight at light's last gleam 
where love had first took hold of them 
what now seems just a dream 

The silence stretches out as thick 
as night's embrace of light 
and just as fear begins to wrap 
its claws around her tight 

our princess feels the gentle brush 
of fingers 'cross her own 
which spans the chasm in between 
so each feels less alone 

soon hope unfolds as if a bloom 
dispelling her despair 
her gaze alights upon his face 
the distant stare still there 

and just as words begin to form
he turns and rests his eyes 
where pain and love wage war within 
on her and all her lies 

"I don't know where we go from here;
if all this was a joke.
I'm torn between my foolish pride 
and words of love you spoke.

"My heart can see the truth of us,
but I - I need some time 
to wrap my mind around this all.
(*sigh*) Can you afford me time?" 

With that the bells do tole the end 
of day's forgiving sun
she nods uncertain what to say
the healing has begun

Alas we see our lovers there
their hearts still marred and frail
what shall become of their sweet love
(hmmm) in time they shall prevail



1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

awww....nice end...i am glad she spoke her truth...and that in the end it was accepted as well and earned from her father....cool story....