Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Memories

my heart opens in a breathless sigh
with the first magnolia bloom;
memories of you seep through my veins
like the lush floral fragrance wafting through the air;
before the smile fully flourishes on my lips
the first petals fall like tears pooling at my feet;
sweet memories tainted by loss suffered far too soon
blow away in the wind as the last petal drops.

Blossoming Pink
(image by rmp, that's me)


Inspiration for this piece:  Today, I stared at the beautiful blooms blossoming on the magnolia trees all around here and felt the ting in my chest - the memories longing to break free.  I'm still searching for the words to express the current emotions rolling round, but I decided to dig up this piece, which was written just over a year ago.  My mother enjoyed watching the magnolia tree in the front yard bloom.  This is the fourth spring where I watch them open without her and I'm still waiting for it to get easier.

1 comment:

Buddah Moskowitz said...

Beautifully poignant - it'll get easier, but I can't say when.